[blindLaw] NABL 2023 Annual Meeting Information, Registration, Dues, and Agenda

rothmanjd at gmail.com rothmanjd at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 05:38:57 UTC 2023

Please join the National Association of Blind Lawyers for our 2023 Annual
Meeting on July 3, 2023 from 1 - 6:30PM Central Time, including our
networking reception.  Attendees may join in person at the Hilton Americas,
Conference Room 344 or via the Zoom link on the agenda.  CLE credit is only
available for in-person attendees.

The agenda is pasted below, attached, and available online Here.
<https://blindlawyers.net/files/2023_agenda.docx>

Register today online by visiting

https://www.blindlawyers.net/home

You can also register in person at the meeting.

Please note: Continuing Legal Education credit will be available for
in-person attendees only.

AGENDA

NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF BLIND LAWYERS

2023 ANNUAL MEETING

-----

Monday, July 3, 2023

Room 344 A & B

Hilton Americas

Houston, Texas

Join Zoom Meeting

https://nfb-org.zoom.us/j/92410688020?pwd=VVpDMHBKMFhuVzhIY3pCZVlHbGsrdz09

Note:  This meeting is taking place in U.S. Central Time.

1:00 PM     WELCOME AND LOGISTICS

Ronza Othman, President, NABL; Baltimore, Maryland

1:05 PM     A National Welcome

Mark Riccobono, President, NFB; Baltimore, Maryland

1:15 PM     Reflecting on the Ten-Year Anniversary of the Marrakesh Treaty

Marc Maurer, Immediate Past President, NFB; Baltimore, Maryland

1:30 PM     ADVANCING THE RIGHTS OF THE BLIND AND OTHERS WITH DISABILITIES:
A Survey of NFB Litigation

Eve Hill, General Counsel, NFB and Partner, Brown Goldstein & Levy;
Baltimore, Maryland

2:05 PM     Rising Law Students: What You Should Know

Moderator: Deepa Goraya, Board Member, NABL; Washington, DC

Elizabeth Rouse, Rising 1L, University of Minnesota  Law School; Durant,
Iowa

Rose Warner, 2L, University of Denver Sturn College of Law; Denver, Colorado

Syed Rizvi, Rising 3L, Harvard Law School; Longmeadow, Massachusetts

Sanho Steele-Louchart, Attorney and Legal Program Coordinator, NFB; Battle
Creek, Michigan

2:45 PM     Friends and Neighbors: Shared Experience and Future Goals

Robert Fenton, Chair, CNIB; Calgary, Canada

3:00 PM     Break

3:05 PM     The Path to Progress: Orozco and Section 508

Karla Gilbride, Civil Rights Attorney; Silver Spring, Maryland

Tim Elder, Second Vice President, NABL; Freemont, California

3:35 PM     Shared Challenges and Shared Triumphs: Bar Associations Unite

Dominique Calhun, President-Elect, National Bar Association; Member,
Affinity Bar Coalition, American Bar Association; Houston, Texas

3:50 PM     Practicing Law as a Blind Attorney: How I Got Here and How I Do
It

Randy Farber, Board Member, NABL; Houston, Texas

Donald Porterfield, Board Member, NFB; Tucson, Arizona

4:20 PM     You Decide: What Programs and Activities Should NABL Tackle?

4:30 PM     Tribute to Scott Labarre

5:05 PM     ELECTIONS AND DIVISION BUSINESS

5:15 PM     ADJOURN TO RECEPTION

Join us for cocktails and hors d'oeuvres as we celebrate the progress of our
organization and raise a glass to Scott Labarre.  Network and meet your
fellow blind attorneys and legal professionals.  We thank Jackson Walker LLP
for sponsoring our networking reception!

Ronza Othman, President

443-426-4110

Pronouns: she, her, hers

blindness is not what holds you back