[blindLaw] Client Interviews and Search Light

Sanho Steele-Louchart sanho817 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 02:50:44 UTC 2023

Julie,

To your first point, you could do an audio interview and use Audacity
or Reaper to get the same effect without encountering inaccessible
video editing software. It could also be a useful demonstration of our
ability to notice vocal cues and other unconscious signals.

To your second, client interviewing usually takes up a third to half
of my workday. It's one of my favorite things about being an attorney.
I've had a couple of clients who wanted to know how I accessed
documents, labeled evidence, etcetera, but they came around when I
gave them straightforward answers. The small amount of intractability
I've faced has always come from other legal professionals. Clients
just wanted to be sure I had strategies in place.

Warmth,
Sanho

--
He/Him