[Blindmath] List of Common Unit Circle Trig Values

Lloyd Rasmussen lras at loc.gov
Thu Dec 4 17:26:18 UTC 2008

You could write a program in any number of languages to calculate these
values and output them to a file of your own design.  Or you could set up
an Excel spreadsheet which you could, optionally, save as an HTML
table.  This sounds like some of the technical braille tables which
Dr.  Tom Benham, W3DD, distributed to some of us more than 40 years ago.

At 10:05 AM 12/4/2008, you wrote:
>I for months have been living and dying by this fantastic Braille
>cheatsheet that outlined all the important values of the trig functions
>along the unit circle. All six trig functions for \frac{\pi}{2},
>\frac{pi}{4}, \frac{7\pi}{6}, etc. Basically every angle in intervals of
>\frac{pi}{12} up through 2\pi, covering the entire circle in a very
>Braille-friendly table. Then I went and lost it. So before I make up
>another by hand, does anyone know where something like this in tabular
>form is, in LaTeX or some other accessible medium? Everything I can find
>is of course superimposed onto a circle, which isn't really the most
>intuitive way for speech and its serial mode of communication to get
>things through. Thanks for any suggestions.
>
>All the best,
>JW

Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Project Engineer, Engineering Section
National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress    (202) 707-0535   <http://www.loc.gov/nls>
HOME:  <http://lras.home.sprynet.com>
The opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent
those of NLS.