[Blindmath] MathDaisy 1.0 Released

Neil Soiffer Neils at dessci.com
Sat Apr 18 20:10:51 UTC 2009

It should be pretty easy to at least be a basic player that works with
math.  The math has alt image and alt text, so they just need to grab that
and use it rather than the MathML.  Another free one is Buttercup (
http://www.buttercupreader.net/).

If you aren't able to contribute to these projects with technical skills, at
least tell them that you would like to use them but can't because they don't
support math.  I've said it many times, and I'll say it again:  the reason
math is not supported by all AT is that the vendors (whether for profit or
open source) is that they haven't heard from their users that math support
is critical.  If you want to want see math support in AMIS or Buttercup or
.(name your favorite software), send them email -- don't assume someone else
will do it or that the developers know what is important to you.

Neil Soiffer
Senior Scientist
Design Science, Inc.
www.dessci.com
~ Makers of MathType, MathFlow, MathPlayer, MathDaisy, WebEQ, Equation
Editor ~