[Blindmath] Math Wiki

Peter Donahue pdonahue1 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Apr 18 22:41:51 UTC 2009

Hello everyone,

    Today I was informed that the National Association of Blind Students,
(NABS) has approved the hosting of a Math Wiki of the kind proposed over the
last few weeks. As I understand what was envisioned was a wiki where
contributers who use particular hardware and software to produce and access
Mathematical material for the blind to post instructions and procedures for
the production of this material.

    Because the previous NABS Wiki was inappropriately used we want to
establish procedures wherein only specific contributors can make postings to
the wiki. If those interested in contributing to this body of information
could send us contact information, and their particular area of expertise
we'll begin building the wiki and have it available to the public before the
2009 national convention. This is a wonderful project that will benefit
many.

Peter Donahue