[Blindmath] Accessing R for Stats

Matthew_2010 Matthew_2010 at charter.net
Fri Aug 7 02:18:03 UTC 2009

HI all,

I've been reading the R for windows help files and can't seem to find any
information regarding launching any stats modules. In fact I have no idea
what's going on with this thing as I've looked through the menus and found
nothing relating to actual usability of this application. When I launch R
the title bar reads "R GUI." Is this what I want? Did I install the right
version of R? I installed the version for windows and used the full install
and ran with the default settings. At this point I'm wondering how I can
load a stats package. I see that within the "package" menu there are many
choices, but I don't know how to proceed. Please inform as to where to go
from here. I do like the fact that this application appears to be pretty
accessible though I've not pushed it very hard.

Thanks,

Matthew