[Blindmath] Accessing R for Stats

Robin Williams robster3 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 7 11:03:42 UTC 2009

Matthew,
It's probably advisable to run R from the terminal interface, so run the
file rterm.exe from the \bin directory.
  By default the base package is loaded which will do most of the things you
want. It's a while since I've used it, but I believe to run additional
packages you do:
Lib packagename
Or it might be:
Library packagename
  It's well worth reading the introductory user's guide which can be found
through the help menu in the RGui you mentioned, or on the R-project
website.
  It is quite a big learning curve but is well worth the effort, especially
if you have a major project to contend with. The help search feature is also
very useful, to search for a topic just do:
Help.search("topic")
HTH

Robin Williams.
Mobile:
07525 809495
(Note: I have been giving an incorrect mobile number for the last several
months, please update your contact details).
Personal email and MSN:
robster3 at hotmail.com
University email (please use this address):
rmw205 at exeter.ac.uk