[Blindmath] WinTriangle

Christine Szostak szostak.1 at osu.edu
Mon Aug 31 02:43:24 UTC 2009

Hi All,
  I was wondering if anyone knows of a product known as WinTriangle, sorry if misspelled or mistitled. I tend to read a lot of articles/texts that have fair to heavy amounts of equations.
I have a few specific questions:

1)  Is it possible to read specific portions of the equation or does the program only allow the entire equation to be read at once?
2)  Does the program work with old versions of JAS (e.g., 4.51 and below)?
3)  If switching to a computer that has JAWS but does not have WinTriangle,  will the equations be at all accessible to JAWS?
4(  Does the program read things such as Greek symbols accurately and is there a way to change how such things are read? For instance, if some notation is identified by an uncommon name in a specific discipline, is there a way for the JAWS user able to change how the notation is read?

Many thanks in advance,
Christine
Christine M. Szostak
Graduate Student
Language Perception Laboratory
Department of Psychology, Cognitive Area
The Ohio State University
Columbus, Ohio
szostak.1 at osu.edu