[Blindmath] Summer University workshop in Vienna

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Mon Dec 21 20:37:07 UTC 2009

Hello,
I have used gnuplot a bit. Its accessible mainly because its a command
line tool and as I remember you can put a sequence of commands in one
script for it. Also on linux there is a front end to gnuplot (I can't
remember the name of it, that was accessible as it used GTK for the GUI,
unfortunately GTK is inaccessible on windows but may be there is another
GUI). Gnuplot can output to many formats, including eps (useful for
LaTeX) and SVG.

I certainly wouldn't call myself a gnuplot expert, I basically learnt
what I needed to complete my physics degree. However if you want me to
say something about it there then I could brush up on it in the mean
time (it may go better with stats packages but I suppose it can fit with
LaTeX as you want to produce graphs for including in documents).

Michael Whapples