[Blindmath] Maple and Mathematica

Robin Williams robster3 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 12 08:20:30 UTC 2009

Hi T,
Yes, you must get sighted assistance to change the settings.
  You also asked for other package recommendations, I can suggest Matlab
which has much of the functionality of Mathematica, though is designed more
for the purpose of finding numerical solutions, unlike Maple which is a more
algebraic package. I use the back-end terminal by issuing the command,
Matlab.exe -nodesktop
>From the command line. Again, one can supposedly configure the Java Access
bridge to use the full interface with Jaws, but I have not been successful
in doing so. Perhaps we should contact these companies to ask as to why our
attempts with the access bridge are unsuccessful, it can presumably be done
if they are prepared to publish this as a fact on their websites.

Robin Williams.
Mobile:
07525 809495
(Note: I have been giving an incorrect mobile number for the last several
months, please update your contact details).
Personal email and MSN:
robster3 at hotmail.com
University email (please use this address):
rmw205 at exeter.ac.uk