[Blindmath] Tactile Displays?

Roopakshi Pathania r_akshi_tgk at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 16 18:27:39 UTC 2009

Hi Rich and all,

Thanks for improving my knowledge about Optocon. It does sound an interesting way of accessing printed material.

But, I dont think that this is the device referred to in the article. The product seems to be a tactile graphic display meant specifically for images shown on the computer. The vibrating pins are set in the pattern of the image and removed as the image changes.
This technology is quite new and possibelly not in the market.
I still haven't discovered the name of the product, but found another article in this regard.
http://www.nist.gov/public_affairs/factsheet/visualdisplay.htm

Regards