[Blindmath] college and math

Debbie Willis dwillis at aph.org
Fri Jan 16 21:31:08 UTC 2009

Our Accessible Tests guidelines recommend that students taking an audio version of a test be provided with a braille/tactile graphics and/or large print edition of the test as well.  As mentioned, in an audio presentation, it is extremely difficult to envision a tactile graphic and its labels.  It is also extremely difficult to rely only on audio information and remember it all when taking a math test in which equations are being provided in the stem, and several options are being offered as possible answer choices.
Debbie