[Blindmath] Optacon info

Lori twilight2 at kconline.com
Mon Jan 19 05:08:18 UTC 2009

Hi Nelson,

Well, our reading levels are about the same now. I learned to use the
optacon in elementary school and then after some temporary neuropathy from
chemo therapy I discontinued using it for 15 years. So, now I'm faced with
the situation of pulling out the manuals and starting from scratch in hopes
that I can use it for a number of things including math, or not.

To the best of my knowledge the training manuals can be found on the Freedom
Scientific site. I believe they may be PDF's and maybe it would help if you
had materials that were prepared.

When I looked around on their site I found the following link that takes you
to several options.

http://search.freedomscientific.com/search?q=optacon&sort=date%253AD%253AL%253Ad1&output=xml_no_dtd&oe=UTF-8&ie=UTF-8&client=default_frontend&proxystylesheet=FRESCI&site=default_collection&filter=0

Lori