[Blindmath] advanced math and chemical equations

John Gardner john.gardner at orst.edu
Mon Jun 8 23:52:43 UTC 2009

She needs InftyReader to do OCR on those PDF's.  It's not cheap at $900,
but it works very well.  If a sighted person could edit the files to
remove OCR errors, the output should be easily readable.  For reading
she has two choices.  One can output as XHTML/MathML and read it audio
with Internet Explorer and MathPlayer.  Alternatively she could buy
ChattyInfty and have an audio editor and reader.  Infty Reader and
ChattyInfty are made by the japanese Infty group.
http://www.inftyproject.org/

MathPlayer is a plug-in made by Design Science www.dessci.com

John Gardner