[Blindmath] advanced math and chemical equations

Pam Davis pdavis at wellesley.edu
Mon Jun 8 18:55:07 UTC 2009

I am working with a recently graduated chemistry major who is doing
research in computational chemistry. She needs to do a wide scientific
literature search and read papers that are full of very complex math
equations and chemical formulas. I am reading them to her aloud from
printed PDF's. We would like for her to be able to read them using JAWS or
the equivalent. Can anyone help with what software conversion tools she
would need to convert the published PDF's? She does not use braille so
converting to nemeth braille will not be useful.