[Blindmath] Sighted reading of Nemeth math

Connie Baker cnsbaker at access.k12.wv.us
Mon Mar 16 12:58:42 UTC 2009

Maybe it is due to the knowledge your Braille transcriber knows about Nemeth
and computer Braille.

My student uses a PacMate to do their math assignments. Before printing the
final copy to give to their teacher, we go through the document together. I
find the computer Braille symbols and they read what they meant to be there
using their Braille display and make the necessary corrections. This takes
about 5 minutes to complete.