[Blindmath] accessible math websites

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Mon Mar 16 15:28:29 UTC 2009

Regarding the alternative systems, I said that with a memory of one
lecturer at university saying that he used troff (some other
implementations of troff include groff and mroff). From what I can tell
troff input files are all in plain text, so like LaTeX the input source
files should pose no accessibility issues. Checking output, like with
LaTeX, may be a slight problem (particularly if you want to guarantee a
certain formatting) if you want to do it all independently. I am not
going to make any claim as to what it is like to use/learn as I haven't
used it, but this should be about the same as it is for any sighted user
of troff.

I do believe LaTeX is more popular, so if you want to use something
likely to be used by others then LaTeX is possibly a better choice. I
mentioned about alternatives simply to say LaTeX is not the only system.

Michael Whapples