[Blindmath] accessible math websites

Roopakshi Pathania r_akshi_tgk at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 16 17:00:36 UTC 2009

Hi Sarah,

You have raised one of my favourite topics. I rely a lot on the web to understand mathematical and other concepts.
I am listing here some of the sites that I frequent. Contact me off-list, and we might just go for more site hunting!

http://www.opentextbook.org/category/maths/
A blog that lists books under open licences. This implies LaTeX source for the books!

http://www.math.uah.edu/STAT/
A virtual probability lab with material in MathML.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Subject:Mathematics
A sister site to Wikipedia, but with books having LaTeX tags.

http://www.math.ucdavis.edu/~kouba/ProblemsList.html
A web page hosting Calculus problems and solutions with LaTeX tags.

http://www.exampleproblems.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
A wiki hosting user generated examples with solutions, again with LaTeX tags.

Also, to add to what Michael said, whare ever you see "\" and "$" symbols, you'll know that it is LaTeX.
One last thing, despite what any one says on the list, both MathML and LaTeX have there uses as far as reading mathematics gos.

Regards
Roopakshi from India