[Blindmath] LaTeX editor

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Tue Nov 10 00:47:52 UTC 2009

I tried using vim and I had some documents to help me learn it (not the
vim documentation) but I never really got on with it. I do see what
people might like about the use of the keyboard (none of all that
stretching and trying to get the correct 3+ key combination). I guess
the bit that kept catching me out was the different modes, let your mind
wonder for a second and then find out what mode you are in (the Braille
display being positioned at the cursor gives nothing away, it looks the
same in any mode). Its probably just a habit you should get into if
using vim, press escape before doing anything if you are unsure what
mode you are in (escape puts you back to the command mode), a habit I
never picked up.

Michael Whapples