[Blindmath] LaTeX editor

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Tue Nov 10 08:19:10 UTC 2009

Andrew Stacey <andrew.stacey at math.ntnu.no> wrote:

> I have used emacs under windows using cygwin.  I understand that there are
> native binaries as well.  I have no idea about emacspeak, though.  The only

The other issue is that on Linux, at least, if you run Emacs under X it will
start a GUI rather than a console session. As I understand it, Windows always
runs a graphical interface, and it is therefore possible that the native
binaries could operate as a GUI and there might be accessibility problems in
that case.
> irritation I found with emacs under cygwin wasn't emacs' fault but was
> because I couldn't figure out how to redefine my keyboard the way I wanted
> to.
>
> Needless to say, I switched back to Linux as soon as I was able to.

That's the way to go.