[Blindmath] Math ML

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Wed Nov 11 09:19:53 UTC 2009

I think the combination you are asking for (jaws, firefox, mathml) won't
happen unless pressure is put on companies such as FS (pressure from
those who give them money, the customers).

There might be more chance with the opensource solutions (orca on linux
or NVDA on windows) as if there is an individual who feels strongly then
that person can actually try and help add the feature. I have already
started looking into what could be done with these, think it might
mostly be a task of bringing things together (eg. liblouisxml can
translate from mathml to Braille so why not just use that, I believe
there may be similar stuff for speech but don't know so much on that as
Braille is my main interest, the mathml can be retrieved from firefox
(well I have been told that is true for windows), etc).

Michael Whapples