[Blindmath] Math ML

Roopakshi Pathania r_akshi_tgk at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 15 18:02:30 UTC 2009

Hi Tom,

For displaying MathML correctly Firefox requires you to install some fonts.
The procedure is explained here.

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/mathml/fonts/

However, this is still not readable by a screen reader. The only way of reading XHTML+MathML is to use IE with MathPlayer.
Though there is IE Tab: an add-on for Firefox that enables the usage of the IE engine within Firefox. I wonder if MathPlayer could work with that, but probably not.

Regards

“In battle, in the forest, at the precipice in the mountains, On the dark great sea, in the midst of javelins and arrows, In sleep, in confusion, in the depths of shame, The good deeds a man has done before defend him”
~ Bhagvad Gita (sacred book of Hinduism)