[Blindmath] LaTeX editor

Roopakshi Pathania r_akshi_tgk at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 12 00:13:02 UTC 2009

Hi,

Yep, it is possible to run Emacs and in all probability Emacspeak under windows as others have already beaten me to say that.

For those interested:

Here are the instructions for installing Emacs on Windows.
http://www.claremontmckenna.edu/math/ALee/emacs/emacs.html

Here is the appropriate FAQ.
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/windows/big.html

Note that MinGW –an open source collection of tools- is recommended by a lot of people for building Emacs package.
http://www.mingw.org/

Slightly old and incomplete Instructions for running Emacspeak under Windows are given on this page.
http://home.vr-web.de/~gerhard.stenzel/emacspeak/install-win32.html

A great deal has change since then.

Here is what the developer of Emacspeak has to say about this topic.
http://www.cs.vassar.edu/~priestdo/emacspeak/list.archive.2004/msg00151.html

I haven’t tried to run Emacs and Emacspeak under Windows since I believe that Windows is not the right platform for this.
I am planning to buy a Netbook with Windows 7 on which I will try to run Linux as a virtual machine.

Regards

“Tell me one last thing,” said Harry. “Is this real? Or has this been happening inside my head?”
“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
said by Dumbledore
~ JK Rowling