[Blindmath] LaTeX editor

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Wed Nov 11 09:31:48 UTC 2009

The alternative for working in cygwin would be to use some of the unix
screen readers which might work better as they are designed for the text
environment. As an example those using a Braille display could use
brltty and for speech you could use YASR. One thing to note is that some
Linux screen readers (IE. speakup) will not work in cygwin as they work
so closely with the Linux kernel.

My personal opinion is that if you are going to go through the bother of
installing cygwin you may as well try Linux. Using Linux itself will
open the possibility of things like speakup (which I feel is the best
text mode Linux screen reader).

Michael Whapples