[Blindmath] Accessible LaTeX

Andrew Stacey andrew.stacey at math.ntnu.no
Sat Nov 14 21:15:28 UTC 2009

Just to comment on one thing:

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 10:45:40PM +0000, Michael Whapples wrote:
> My greatest concern with markdown with itex2mml is that it seems very
> orientated at XHTML documents, possibly if you want a more printer  suitable
> format then LaTeX itself might be better.

The version of markdown that instiki uses can convert it to LaTeX.  So even if
one starts with a markdown+itex2mml format, it can be converted to LaTeX and
so make use of all the richness that LaTeX affords.  In Instiki then the main
focus is on XHTML+MathML output, but that is because Instiki is focussed on
getting stuff on to the web.  The sub-program, maruku, can do a whole lot
more.

Andrew