[Blindmath] Accessible LaTeX

Roopakshi Pathania r_akshi_tgk at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 23 23:39:32 UTC 2009

Hi Prof. Stacey and all,

Though my reply may seem a little late, it is relevant to the discussion.

Prof. Stacey, as long as your papers are on arXiv, you don’t need to do anything else. The arXMLiv project (http://kwarc.info/projects/arXMLiv/) converts the LaTeX source hosted on arXiv.org into XHTML+MathML. They use LaTeXML for the conversion. They also provide LaTeXML bindings for the classes and packages available at arXiv.

Now, provided that your papers are converted successfully, you can find them and others here.

http://arxmliv.kwarc.info/retval_detail.php?retval=no_problems

In case they are not converted successfully, they would be in any of these other categories.

http://arxmliv.kwarc.info/

For some reason, I can’t access the papers- I’m getting a 403 Forbidden error.

Anyway, for those interested, checkout this presentation:

http://river-valley.tv/converting-arxiv-into-xhtml-mathml/

and this paper:

http://kwarc.info/kohlhase/submit/dml09.pdf.

Regards

"and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free."
~ the Bible (John 8:32)