[Blindmath] intro

Jose Tamayo jtblas at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 20 14:48:17 UTC 2009

the first suggestion I have for you is to begin embracing Math and putting
the subject in a better perspective.  The next step is to do as you are
doing just now; asking the questions of this group.  I just started my
revival of Mathematics and have discovered that  love its elegance and will
not stop.  Like you, I had little interest in Mathematics early on but I
can't say I hated it.  I would like to think that it was not a requirement
for me at the time.  Now it is a requirement and I just see it as such.
There are many tools available and this wonderful group will have many
things to say to the effect.

I can speak about my experience with Math thus far and since I lost my
sight.  It has been challenging and I decided one year ago that Nemeth
Braille would be a necessity for many reasons.  Given that, you must
consider several other options such as LaTeX which many here recommend as a
basic necessity.

I am sure this group can definitely add to my comments as I know such
comments are mostly  personal perspective.  Your mindset  is more important
than the tools.  If you learn to love Math, you will learn to figure out how
to do it whether it is with LaTeX, Nemeth Code, and any other tool.

I wish you well.

regards
Jose Tamayo