[Blindmath] intro

qubit lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 21 01:59:47 UTC 2009

Hi Jamie and all --
Yes, I suppose my mail sounded like I was blaming the student when sometimes
the lack of preparation is on the part of the system or the teacher or both.
But the result of this is that kids don't learn and that's extremely
unfortunate.  I think math is a great subject for blind students looking for
a major -- the reason I neglected to mention for deciding to make math my
major was that math is so concise -- you can fit more in 2 pages of math
than you can in 40 pages of history or sociology... I was partially sighted
and had a lot of trouble reading. I hired readers for all except the math
and science classes, which I enjoed doing myself.
I always like to say that a page of math symbols is worth a thousand
pictures...*snicker*
Anyway, happy figuring...
--le