[Blindmath] Accessible LaTeX

Andrew Stacey andrew.stacey at math.ntnu.no
Tue Nov 24 07:45:41 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 03:39:32PM -0800, Roopakshi Pathania wrote:

> Hi Prof. Stacey and all,
>
> Though my reply may seem a little late, it is relevant to the discussion.
>
> Prof. Stacey, as long as your papers are on arXiv, you don’t need to do
> anything else. The arXMLiv project (http://kwarc.info/projects/arXMLiv/)
> converts the LaTeX source hosted on arXiv.org into XHTML+MathML. They use
> LaTeXML for the conversion. They also provide LaTeXML bindings for the
> classes and packages available at arXiv.

That looks very interesting.  Thanks for telling me about it.

> Now, provided that your papers are converted successfully, you can find them
> and others here.
>
> http://arxmliv.kwarc.info/retval_detail.php?retval=no_problems

No search facility, though, so it's hard to find out if mine worked (something
that I doubt!).

> In case they are not converted successfully, they would be in any of these
> other categories.
>
> http://arxmliv.kwarc.info/
>
> For some reason, I can’t access the papers- I’m getting a 403 Forbidden
> error.

Same.  That's a shame.  You'd think that they'd want to make the papers
available - I could take a look at my papers and tell them if they'd been
converted correctly or not.

Andrew