[Blindmath] questions about LaTeX and accessibility for blind people

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Thu Aug 5 21:39:06 UTC 2010

MathML is sort of accessible on Linux. If you have the XHTML file and
read Braille then you can use liblouisxml to produce a BRF file. Also it
used to be accessible with speech in firefox using the firevox plugin
which makes firefox self voice the page content and did sort of support
mathml (I say sort of support mathml as it didn't know all symbols, etc,
but I am sure with a little work it could have been much better). I
don't know if the firevox plugin is still being maintained.

Michael Whapples