[Blindmath] questions about LaTeX and accessibility for blind people

Roopakshi Pathania r_akshi_tgk at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 6 16:08:05 UTC 2010

Yes, MathMl can be made accessible on other platforms using different methods.
Besides, MathML is better than a regular HTML page with images and accompanying LaTeX alt tags since not every blind user would understand LaTeX.

Sometime ago, I wrote to the developer of Firevox regarding MathML and never got a reply.
Anyhow open source or not, I'm happy that Design Science support the accessibility of MathML, which is an extremely important standard.

The reason why Firefox doesn’t have support for accessible MathML is lack of resources.
Presently the WebKit developers are trying to implement MathML support, which will then be available to Safari users. I’m waiting to see if Apple would then make MathML accessible with VoiceOver.

For those who use Kurzweil, I have read that the next version will have MathML support, and though I’m not sure, but I think that Kurzweil is cross-platform.

Regards