[Blindmath] Question about converting Math Book Content

John Gardner john.gardner at orst.edu
Sun Jan 24 16:47:31 UTC 2010

Hi, what is the problem with converting this book?  Infty Reader has
proven to be very good at converting things that are more or less
standard scientific content.  Some modern books that use lots of fonts,
cute cartoons, etc, have not been so easy to convert, and the Infty
group would like to see examples, so if this is the problem, I would
appreciate getting some examples from you.

It is also important to note that one needs to be careful to make Infty
Reader work properly.  If you must scan from paper, you need to scan at
600 dpi black and white mode and avoid dark regions around the edges.  A
good 600 dpi clean scan with white margins normally gives excellent
results for content that isn't too cute.