[Blindmath] Question about converting Math Book Content

Roopakshi Pathania r_akshi_tgk at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 26 10:33:30 UTC 2010

Ah, reminds me of my own college days when I had to edit most of the Math by hand.

This might not be helpful, but can you get the instructor in question to split the PDF and then perform OCR using InftyReader?

I prefer to split the PDF into chunks of around 50 to 100 pages.
Perhaps InftyReader can now handle more than that, but this method is still useful because it allows one to narrow down the range that may contain problematic pages. Besides, you still get the rest of the book.

Adobe Pro can do this, and so can a number of freeware utilities.
The one that I use is PDF Helper.
http://www.rptea.com/freeware.aspx

Regards

"Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof."
~ John Kenneth Galbraith