[Blindmath] hydraulic full screen braille display

Ryan Thomas rlt56 at nau.edu
Sun Jul 11 04:09:21 UTC 2010

Peter,

   I've read a lot of comments lately about the difficulty of doing
higher mathematics with a one or even four line braille display.  It's
entirely possible.  I understand that matricies are spacial, but even
they can be visualized in a row and column format using a one line
display.  Outside of matricies most math that I can thing of isn't
complicated by a one line read out.  Derivatives and integrals can
both be done.  In calc III there is a lot of visualization of three
dimentional figures, but even sighted students have to contend with
that issue and it's kind of the nature of the math itself.  I don't
think it's an accurate claim that the more complex math cannot be done
with the one line display.  I think you'll find the same as you
actually take the classes.

Sincerely,
   Ryan