[Blindmath] hydraulic full screen braille display

Peter Wolfe sunspot005 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 05:52:51 UTC 2010

Ryan and or others:

    Good some contribution to what I had to say for once about
something with substance. Can you backup your claim? Give us an
example of your matrices. I'm not sure what a matrices would be or
anything at all for that matter. I guess you are refering to a matrix
by chance? Also, my understanding of calculus with Derivatives and
integrals have functions and these are for acceleration and velocity
with surely other process in a four quadrant x, y and etc. I'd like to
see what you can do in a one to four line display in braile and
especially just a one line display that will be comprehendable to you
in the long run. I remember when I took precalculus I had problems
that on print would take up nearly a page or page and a half with a
calculuator with sighted assistance with the visual aspects of the
beast. Surely you could enlighten us all on your method?
     I think the best way of doing mathematics of the advanced level
is to see it all in one point going down as you go latterially. I
cannt see that horizontally at all other than standard mathematics at
all. I'm confused to what you mean and who could properly teach such
methods to anyone in a understandable way. I'll find out when I
actually take the classes right? This is conforting to someone who
likes to be prepared for everything on the ground running. I mean I'm
just confused to what aspects are visual and what aren't and from what
I've heard from mainly sighted people that it's got lots of   room for
interpretation of graphs wit connecting two or so things to make up a
unique answer to this issue. How could that be done in another format
translated and you create a solution with your answer? Thanks for
further information you can shead on this crutial issue.

sincerely,
Peter

On 7/10/10, Ryan Thomas <rlt56 at nau.edu> wrote:
> Peter,
>
>    I've read a lot of comments lately about the difficulty of doing
> higher mathematics with a one or even four line braille display.  It's
> entirely possible.  I understand that matricies are spacial, but even
> they can be visualized in a row and column format using a one line
> display.  Outside of matricies most math that I can thing of isn't
> complicated by a one line read out.  Derivatives and integrals can
> both be done.  In calc III there is a lot of visualization of three
> dimentional figures, but even sighted students have to contend with
> that issue and it's kind of the nature of the math itself.  I don't
> think it's an accurate claim that the more complex math cannot be done
> with the one line display.  I think you'll find the same as you
> actually take the classes.
>
> Sincerely,
>    Ryan
>
> On 7/9/10, Peter Wolfe <sunspot005 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Le,
>>

>>     I've read about this project some cause my Program for Students
>> with Disabilities assistant sent me an e-mail from North Carolina
>> State University. Well, I think if you used simplication using
>> standard Logic 101 you can tell that it's a dot conjuction meaning
>> both must be true necessarily. Well, I think it should be a
>> disjunction conjunction with an or cause it's only the braille with
>> especially the four line proposal on the table now. Nothing was stated
>> about images in the article and that is unfortunately ashame. However,
>> it's something to expand our mind around for the time being. Images
>> are  very abstract and hard to join together. The proposed 4 line
>> display is going to be useful in simple mathematics and some algebra
>> from simple deduction and not so much on high end mathematics at this
>> stage of development.
>>
>> On 7/8/10, qubit <lauraeaves at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> The following link was the topic of discussion on the sci-tech list a
>>> while
>>> back. If you want to know more, such as if/when it will be productized,