[Blindmath] MathML issues

Birkir Rúnar Gunnarsson birkir.gunnarsson at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 17:04:21 UTC 2010

Mary

Not sure how much this helps but here's the download page at Design
Science (you probably have already tried this but worth a shot
anyway):
http://www.dessci.com/en/products/mathplayer/?src=hpmpc

There is a link you can click to check if you have the latest version
installed (in IE, at lesat, you have to use f6 3 times to get to a
window where you are warned that IE is trying to run a plug in and you
have to authorize it, hitting space or enter on that pop up should
allow it to run and perform the check).
Here is the page with their samples of math ml equestions (inline and
larger, fractions, superscripts etc)
http://www.dessci.com/en/products/mathplayer/tech/accessibility.htm#Some
Sample Equations to Speak

My Jaws 11 with IE 8 speaks these correctly.
Can you check this page to make sure that your MathPlayer is the
problem, not the page with the math equations you are trying to read
(it is conceivable there is a problem with how they were exported to
math ml after all).
Hopefully one of these two steps will help some.
Cheers
-B