[Blindmath] MathML issues

Neil Soiffer NeilS at dessci.com
Fri Oct 22 17:17:34 UTC 2010

We are not aware of any problems with IE(6,7,8) and JAWS.  One problem users
sometimes have is the security alert that Birkir mentions.  I don't know how
JAWS conveys that -- from what Birkir says, it sounds like you need to use
F6 3 times to find it.  You might check with a sighted colleague also and
ask them if they see the little bar near the top of the window.  Perhaps in
your upgrades, some previous acceptance where you said it was ok to run
MathPlayer got wiped out or perhaps upgrading to MathPlayer 2.2 caused it to
warn you again.

Naturally, we wish MathPlayer didn't trigger that warning, but there is
nothing we can do about it.

Good luck in fixing your problem,

Neil Soiffer
Senior Scientist
Design Science, Inc.
www.dessci.com
~ Makers of MathType, MathFlow, MathPlayer, MathDaisy, Equation Editor ~