[Blindmath] Question on MathML accessibility with Kurzweil 3000

Tom Tillo tomtillo at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 05:50:20 UTC 2010

Hi All ,

I have downloaded the trial version of Kurzweil 3000 ( version  12 ) since I
read that it has extended support for mathml. I tried it out with several
sites with MathML embedded in them , but was unable to read the MathML bit.
It fails to recognise the math characters. (Even with the firefox extension
for K3000 - kesireader.xpi )

I guess Iam overlooking/missing something small. If any one of you have
tried to read mathML using K3000, can you please fill in the missing link
for me ?

Thanks and Regards
Tom
tomtillo at gmail.com

P.S: On a different topic - Has anyone tried to link eSpeak / any SAPI5s
compliant synthesisers with the MathPlayer APIs ? I was thinking ..  it
could be developed into a *FREE* reader for MathML, like that provided by
K3000 .