[Blindmath] SPSS accessibility file

Faiz Rasool faiz7r at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 20:30:39 UTC 2010

Hi Roopakshi and others,

I'd would be very interested to hear from users of SPSS version 17 and 18
about their experience of using the program. I've only used version 18 so
cannot speak about any previous version. But I do read that version 17 is
not to dissimilar from V 18 as far as screen readers are concern.

When I say that I find the program usable I simply mean that I've been able
to do the required tasks using the GUI. This involves activating buttons  in
the dialogue boxes, entering information like value and variable labels, and
placing variables into variable boxix for running regression or  requesting
frequency tables.

As I've said I cannot speak about any previous versions. I did read in the
email archives of some email list and heard from users of spss that dialogue
boxes in the previous versions are not well read.

I've shared the experiences I've had of using spss, and I hope other users
do the same. So it can be established that is spss accessible or not.

And Roopakshi, I'd like to say few things about R's output and the notes you
are developing. can I email you my thoughts privately?

Regards,
Faiz.