[Blindmath] Stat Formulas

Birkir Rúnar Gunnarsson birkir.gunnarsson at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 20:22:05 UTC 2010

Hi Laura

How are you?
I'll see you on BrailleBlaster , hopefully tomorrow (just finished a
20 page research report and a 12-pager for a web conference, so
finally back in what one may call sanity land).
No, I have never seen an 8-dot slater or Perkins actually, most note
takers have 8-dot braille, and the Danish have converted all their
braille output to 8 dots and claim their readers are not at all
adversely effected in terms of speed. I have tried it and it is a
little strange but I got used to it pretty fast.
I believe almost all embossers are capable of embossing 8-dot braille
and, as everyone knows, I am fascinated with the possible implications
for math.
I am not so sure we need 8-dot braille for every day reading, for one
thing I prefer audio books for any pleasure reading, and Jaws for
study that is not scientific, but that's a different story.
See you soon, have bunch of questions on BrailleBlaster, but will ask
them in the appropriate forum.
Cheers
-Birkir