[Blindmath] mathplayer, jaws, and math in graphics?

Kevin Chao kevinchao89 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 20:19:23 UTC 2011

Hi Roopakshi ,

Sounds like with OCR app, InftyReader; it's possible to scan in math
and have it output  in LaTeX.

This is a very good point. LaTeX and MathML are great, but if there's
no content that's accessible to screen reader users. What good is it?
I wonder how many publishers are using either MathML or some LaTeX
output for textbooks. My goal is to actually be able to work with this
in textbooks, exams, assignments, etc.  I'd be very interested to know
 if students are having success in this space.

Thanks,

Kevin