[Blindmath] MathType Question

Ben Humphreys brh at opticinspiration.org
Fri Aug 26 12:49:39 UTC 2011

I believe that when the cursor is positioned on a mathtype formula,
pressing Alt+\ will convert it to Latex, which is pure ASCII text
free of symbols.  It should be easy to read then with a screen reader
or braille display.  He can actually work the problem in Latex from
there and print without further conversion back to Mathtype and, in
theory, all the symbols and formatting should persist once printed.

Example: \pi will produce the Greek pi symbol.

Please forgive me if this doesn't work perfectly right out of the
box; I'm just learning this on my own for my first calculus class.

Ben