[Blindmath] First attempt at an SWT/SVG based drawing program

Richard Baldwin baldwin at dickbaldwin.com
Tue Aug 30 21:47:32 UTC 2011

Pranav,

I seem to have lost your message regarding 64-bit incompatibility but I
think I have found a solution. It will take me several days to get a 64-bit
Java system up and running and to work out the details, but since you have a
64-bit system running, you could be very helpful by performing a couple of
tests and telling me the results.

Basically, I would like for you to download a set of 64-bit SWT DLL files,
replace the 32-bit DLL files in my jar file with the 64-bit files, and see
if that solves the problem.

You can download a zip file at
http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.7-201106131736/index.php#SWTthat
contains a complete 64-bit SWT library.

When you land on that page, search for "SWT Binary and Source"

Once you are in that section, search for "swt-3.7-win32-win32-x86_64.zip"

The download link for that zip file is labeled (http) and is about ten
characters to the left of the name of the zip file.

Or perhaps you could go directly to the following URL with is the download
page for that zip file.

http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.7-201106131736/download.php?dropFile=swt-3.7-win32-win32-x86_64.zip

Once you have the zip file, you should be able to open it using something
like WinZip and extract the DLL files.

Then you can open my jar file and replace the 32-bit DLL files with the
64-bit DLL files that you just extracted from the zip file.

Then you can try to run the jar file on the 64-bit system to see if that
solves the problem.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Dick Baldwin