[Blindmath] Making Mathtype documents in Word accessible

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Sat Dec 3 23:47:08 UTC 2011

Yes the touch screen could offer things for reading maths but I would almost question how good it would be for efficient reading, the concern of have you found everything/did you move slightly wrongly and so not quite where you should be. Therefore I could imagine it could be slow and may be for some difficult, although something is better than nothing and may be there would be times when it would be good.

I take more inspiration from the Mac an voiceover for how maths might work. Ideas like equations being made of elements (eg. a fraction) which to get more detail of its content you interact with the element (similar to standard tables on the Mac with voiceover). Also the use of positional audio to indicate things would be useful, possibly particularly when doing continual reading.

Michael Whapples