[Blindmath] SPSS and Statistics

Sarah L. Gales imafarmgirl at verizon.net
Wed Dec 14 11:04:04 UTC 2011

Hi, I am new to the list.  A friend suggested I join to obtain information.

I have gone back to school and am majoring in psychology.  Next semester I am taking a Research Methods and Statistics course in the psychology department.  The course uses SPSS in parts.  I have heard that SPSS is not accessible with jaws.  What have people done to get around this?  I will need to take additional courses that will use it and plan on going on to graduate school where I will more than likely need it.

The school proposes the use of an academic aid to assist me in doing the spss assignments.

The professor seems very willing to work with me.  We will use excel during class to solve problems that she goes through in class.  I have not used excel for this in ten years so I need to familliarize myself with how to put formulas into excel again.  I wish there was a tutorial for using excel with math equations.

Does anyone have any advice or thoughts for me?

Sarah

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 6709 (20111213) __________

http://www.eset.com