[Blindmath] Math Production Question

James McCarthy jmccart at lbph.lib.md.us
Thu Dec 22 17:34:14 UTC 2011

I operate an instructional materials access center making accessible
textbooks in the state of Maryland. I personally have little knowledge of
stem materials, but am committed to providing as accessible a stem
experience as possible. I am an avid follower of this list, though rarely
post, however, I now seek your advice. To date, we have not had any capacity
to provide accessible mathematic materials. However, we strive to change
this to the extent it is feasible. We are purchasing the entire Infty Reader
suite and can purchase most of the remaining software we will need.
Obviously MathType seems essential and I think MathDAISY may also be
something we require. I am less sure of the role of Scientific Notebook,
though I have some notes stating it is helpful and perhaps essential for a
production house. Any thoughts from others on this list?

James McCarthy, J.D.

Maryland Accessible Textbook Program Coordinator

Maryland Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped

415 Park Avenue

Baltimore, MD 21201

Phone: (410) 230-2453

Fax: (410) 333-2095