[Blindmath] Helping a student with algebra

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Feb 11 15:38:44 UTC 2011

Hi.
I'm trying to help a blind student who's studying algebra at a local
community college.  He's a friend of a friend.  He doesn't know braille.
He's having trouble dealing with long expressions, either adding or
simplifying them. He's just trying to do well enough to pass a test and
fulfill a requirement; math is not in his long-term school plans.
I see VPAlgebra, which sounds useful, but is a large investment for a
small project.
Can anyone give me some ideas for this guy?  If you want, you could answer
off-list, carcione at access.net.

Thanks.
Tracy