[Blindmath] analyze of experimental results

Christine Szostak szostak.1 at osu.edu
Mon Jul 11 19:42:05 UTC 2011

Hi,
  As a PhD student about a year away from earning my second PhD, I agree
full-heartedly with Susan's comments. I too think that the more important
issue is to find the proper fit, whether this is done case by  case (e.g.,
examining the best fit  to say each participant) or to all of the data
aggregated. The slope... will be part of what is used to find this best fit.
Thus, Susan's comments are not suggesting that you ignore this information
but rather do things such as finding the  regression line that can account
for the greatest proportion of your data. Hope that helps to clarify a
little.
many thanks,
Christine