[Blindmath] Availability of college level math text books inBraille, sufficient to recommend it as something to check?

Amanda Lacy lacy925 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 17:26:47 UTC 2011

Sina,

I feel very strongly about this topic. People (both blind and sighted) have
suggested countless times that I should get my math/science books from
RFB&D. I have always read Braille and seen symbols in a very visual way, and
I could not comprehend all math through audio alone. Surely I am not the
only one. If I cannot obtain a math book in Braille, someone will have to
transcribe it through the use of the programming-like syntax I might have
mentioned before. RFB&D for math, to me, is next to useless.

Amanda