[Blindmath] Availability of college level mathtext books inBraille, sufficient to recommend it as something to check?

Jerry Richer jerry at ChirpingBat.Com
Sat Jul 16 16:17:47 UTC 2011

     I only ever had Braille for ninth grade Algebra.  I did get a BA in
Physics in 1979 and worked several years as a Physicist and Operations
Research Analyst with only RFBD audio books.  I agree they can be quite
miserable trying to reconcile what the reader is saying and what you are
understanding.  Years ago we had tactile diagrams included with the audio
books and now we don't even have that but then again back in high school we
were using five inch open reel tape which was a nightmare.  Regardless, I
still use current versions of
RFBD Physics and Math books.
     One huge problem with RFBD or Learning Ally for me is hat there is
almost nothing past the four year degree level.

               Jerry